Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Trader Joe's Pizza Dough

The new Trader Joe's just opened up on 21st and 6th and we are soooo happy. I loathe Gristedes, or Greedies, as we like to refer to it. The new TJ is conveniently located en route to Henry's school, too, so it's convenient when we need things. Yesterday, in my first foray, I picked up some pizza dough--99 cents a batch! Normally I'm happy to make my own but this was so cheap and easy I figured it would be a good stop-gap on days when I'm just too busy to do it.

I got one whole wheat and one regular. Henry and I made the whole wheat one last night. I have to say, I didn't like working with it, and I didn't love the final result. I'm not totally giving up on it. The results might, for instance, have had something to do with the fact that Henry beat it half to death before it ever saw a topping. So we'll see. But at this point, I am still having better luck with the dough I make myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment